I'M HITTING THE UNLOCK BUTTON IN THE APP, BUT THE LOCK IS NOT UNLOCKING.
1. Check your internet connection. You will need to be connected to 3G/4G or Wi-Fi to unlock your door from your smartphone (don't worry about much data usage though - its so small, only about 10 bytes - an average email is about 75 Kilobytes).
2. Check if you have enabled the use of the Digital Keys app in your Mobile data settings on your phone.
3.Ensure you touch the circle/NB IoT logo on the lock cover (LDK400) or touch star '*' button on numberpad (LDK100)to wake up the lock/so the lock knows someone is at the door to unlock the door. You must do this everytime you want to unlock the door. This is also explained in the app commentary.
3. Please try again 2-4 times - sometimes the local Wi-Fi network or the local 3G/4G network can be congested
4. Sometimes the lock can become disconnected from the NB IoT network (e.g if maintenance is happening on the network, the lock can become disconnected). You will know the lock has become disconnected if you press the touch button and the LED light starts flashing, and the lock does not unlock. If this happens simply do a long hold down on the wake-up button (around 10 seconds) and this will reboot the device and re-connect it to the network. It should take around 30 seconds to one minute for the lock to re-connect, so you can continue to use the lock as normal.
I'VE LOST MY PHONE OR KEYCARD, OR A USER/GUEST HAS LOST THEIR PHONE OR KEYCARD - WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you've lost your keycard or your phone (and you don't have a passcode on your phone to stop anyone logging into your stolen phone), take the following steps to delete access;
1. Log into the Digital Keys Management Software (at digitalkeys.io)
2. Choose the Digital Key(s) of your name/user name from the Digital Keys table, and click the delete button. If there are multiple rooms, make sure to delete all digital keys.
3. The Digital Key/keycard will instantly be deleted from the system, and the card or phone will no longer work.
4. Ask your Digital Keys Account Administrator for a new keycard, or a new digital key for app unlocking.
I'M NOT RECEIVING DIGITAL KEYS EMAILS
Digital Keys sends emails to you to let you know about important things like setting up your Digital Keys Management Software account, new accesses given to you, reset password links, and more. If you are not receiving these emails, it may be for one of the following reasons:
1. Your email provider is taking longer than expected to refresh your inbox
If this is the case, wait a few minutes and refresh your email inbox
2. You are using a company email with a firewall
If you have a company email, there could be a firewall that has been setup by your company's IT department to block out third party emails. We recommend contacting your company's IT department to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Alternatively, ask your property manager or host to use your personal email address instead to give you access.
3. Digital Keys emails are going to your spam folder
Your email client may be accidentally sending Digital Keys emails to the spam folder. Check your spam folder and check your email provider's instructions on how to prevent email addresses from going to the spam folder
WHY ISN'T MY NB IOT DIGITAL KEY UNLOCK WORKING?
The following reasons could be why NB IoT Digital Key unlock is not working
1. You don't have a 3G/4G/Wi-Fi connection. Turn on 3G/4G/Wi-Fi on your phone. To unlock the door, the unlock command goes from your phone app up into the cloud (in the normal way anything goes up or down to the cloud and that is via 3G/4G/Wi-Fi), where it is converted to a NB IoT signal/checks the time/digital key ID to see if you are authorised, before coming down to the lock to unlock it. Don't worry about using much data on your mobile plans, each unlock command is tiny - only around 8bytes. Also the commands are encrypted too.
2. The NB IoT signal is weak or intermittent your distributor/telco will ensure that your NB IoT signal strength is strong on your site before a lock is installed (locks are designed not to be moved around after being installed), but on a rare occasion, the NB IoT network might be down, or intermittent. The app commentary will tell you if the NB IoT signal is poor or intermittent, and so you should try again, and if the problem repeats please call your local Telco's 24 hour support line. If the problem persists gain access to your property room by using the metal key override or the keycard/token (keycard/tokens do not unlock over NB IoT network).
3. The battery level is too low. Gain access to your property through other means (metal key or keycard/token and change to new batteries.
I CANT SIGN IN TO THE DIGITAL KEYS APP
If you are an account administrator please use the same email address and same password you used to sign into the Digital Keys Management Software. If you a digital keys user, then you must use the same email to log into the app, as your account administrator used (please check this with your account administrator if you are not sure). If you are trying to enter a password for the first time in the iPhone app, please make sure you use a combination of one lower case, one upper case, one number and one special character.
I'M TOUCHING THE WAKE-UP BUTTON ON THE LOCK (THE NB IOT LOGO OR THE *STAR BUTTON, BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING, THE LOCK IS NOT UNLOCKING
Push down on the wake-up button for a second or two (not a light touch), and make sure, you press in the middle of the NB IoT circle, or the middle of the star button. When you have pressed the button correctly, a blue light will flash, and one beep will sound. If you have not pushed correctly, nothing will happen. If you are not authorised to unlock the lock at the right time, the lock will beep twice, and there will be no lights.
I'M TRYING MY BEST TO UNLOCK THE NB IOT SMART LOCK LDK100 WITH A PIN, BUT ITS NOT UNLOCKING
-you have entered the correct PIN code.
- each key press is being registered with a beep sound.
I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY NB IOT SMART LOCKS AND MY QUESTIONS CANNOT BE FOUND HERE, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Please get in touch with the company that sold you your NB IoT smart lock (our distributor partners). If you can't get through to them, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
I DO NOT HAVE MY PHONE, OR KEYCARD/TOKEN WITH ME, WHAT CAN I DO?
Log into your digital keys software account (if you are account administrator) via another phone, and access your account, and hit the remote unlock button in the software. If you are not an account administrator, please call them (and they could help you enter by hittin gthe remote unlock button in the software.
Also please take whatever measures you did in the past with your metal keys to avoid a lock-out. All of our NB IoT smart locks come with metal key over-rides for emergencies. Did you give a spare copy of the key to neighbours/friends/family, do you have a spare metal key in your wallet, handbag? You could also carry a spare NFC token in your wallet, on your phone as a NFC sticker etc. If all back-up plans fail, you may choose the services of a professional locksmith to give you access.
MY LOCK BATTERIES HAVE COMPLETELY RUN OUT, AND I'M LOCKED OUT
You can use your metal keys (as outlined above).
I CANT USE THE NFC UNLOCK FEATURE ON MY SMARTPHONE TO UNLOCK MY NB IOT SMART LOCK
You need to have a NFC phone to use your phone for 'local' NFC unlocking. Please make sure NFC is switched on with your phone and move the back of the phone around the black cover which has the NB IoT logo until you hear a beep sound (and you find the NFC sweet spot on the back of your phone (its usually in the top third of the phone). Also the digital keys app must be open to use the NFC phone unlock feature (or running in the background). You don't have to hit any unlock buttons on the phone, just make sure the app is open or running in the background to use the NFC unlock feature.